Thursday, August 9, 2012

We Rock! Rocks & Minerals Lapbook

This is the second year I made the rock and mineral lapbooks with my kids. This is a fun project that I use to wrap up the science chapter. I give the students only one or two pieces to work on per day. This helps with staying on our deadline AND less loss of pieces. I also give each student a manila envelope to keep all their pieces in them until they assemble the full project. This was another item I have ready for Open House.

The cover (designed any way my kidlets wanted to make them):





The Inside (my kidlets were encouraged to glue in their pieces in any way they wanted):




The elements inside. I noticed that I left off a picture of the vocabulary cards. They are inside the white envelope.













23 comments:

  1. These look awesome! Where did you get the idea? I would like to do them as well, where can I get them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Rocks-and-Minerals-Interactive-Notebook-4407351

      Delete
  2. I would also like to know where you found the foldables for this lapbook!! I like it! My class will be studying about rocks and minerals in a couple weeks ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you find the templates for this creative hands on flip book??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i just made this, if you want a copy

      Delete
    2. Kathy P if you still have a template for this I Would love a copy? Thanks

      Delete
    3. Am I able to get a copy as well :)

      Delete
    4. hi! did you still have a copy of this? It would be such a blessing if you wouldn't mind to share!

      Delete
    5. https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Rocks-and-Minerals-Interactive-Notebook-4407351

      Delete
  4. Like above, where can I get these? I checked TPT but did not see them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great culminating project to showcase student learning. Do you have templates for this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just made this, if you want a copy

      Delete
    2. Kathy P, is your version available on TPT? Or do you have another site?

      Delete
    3. https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Rocks-and-Minerals-Interactive-Notebook-4407351

      Delete
  6. UPDATE: These are old hard-copy files which I can not seem to locate any longer after changing classrooms. I'm sorry, but I will not be able to provide this resource to anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is it possible to put the template on the site for people to download? What a great way to teach kids about rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Could I get a copy of the template?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey guys, I posted free on TPT. https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Rocks-and-Minerals-Interactive-Notebook-4407351

    ReplyDelete