Monday, August 6, 2012

"My Future Looks Bright" Sunglasses

Here's something I saw on Pinterest and tweaked for my classroom's needs. These are sunglasses we completed for Open House. They were tied into goals my kidlets set at the beginning of the year. Our whole school is part of the "No Excuses University" program in which we instill in the students all year long in every grade that school automatically includes college, no excuses. So many of the students wrote on their sunglasses from a perspective of being a senior citizen and looking back on their life and all they accomplished (where they went to college, what their major was, what their career was, and other successes.)





I made the master for the sunglasses by tracing around a pair of those big plastic sunglasses that they sell at The Dollar Tree. Then I just added lines for text. I photocopied them onto large construction paper. They were a big hit at Open House!

No comments:

Post a Comment