Monday, August 6, 2012

No Excuses: "University of Hawaii" College Theme

Our entire school follows the "No Excuses" program and each class has a college that we promote through out the year. My class is the University of Hawaii. Each class at our school has a flag that flies outside their classroom and dedicates a bulletin board to the college through out the whole year. In addition, students wear collegiate shirts (I'm going to tie-dye mine with the kids this year) and we kick off the school year with a huge college pep rally every September. I think it's a great idea. We encourage the students to embrace the idea that school does NOT end in Twelfth Grade.


This is my University of Hawaii bulletin board. I made the "H" logo and other letters on my Cricut.





Our poster for the college pep rally.


This is the year the kidlets will graduate--college. It hangs in our room all year long as a reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment